9.22.2012

Huber Hill and the Brotherhood of Coronado Review




I was fortunate enough to read B.K. Bostick's next offering in the Huber Hill middle grade series, Huber Hill and the Brotherhood of Coronado.

Bostick has me hooked! The masked Brotherhood added a definite creepiness to the book and there were plenty of surprise twists throughout. I loved the locations in Spain. It reminded me of the first installment of the 39 Clues. Once again, Scott's humorous antics and frequent failed attempts to impress Hannah had me literally snorting. I can't wait for the third!

Bostick really has a great handle on writing for middle grade readers. He mixes hilarious scenes right in time with creepy ones to make it work. Plus, the guy is crazy funny in real life.

Check out his book trailer made with Legos:



And if you need to read the first, here's a little intrigue...

No comments: