11.16.2011

A Score of Announcements!

I selected my favorite comment on the last post and the winner of Elliot and the Goblin Wars is.....


Ruth McNally Barshaw

E-mail me or message me on facebook with your address and I shall send you your prize. This one's a doozy!

That was fun. Now, boy do I have some awesome announcements to share with you.

#1 I've been sitting on this info for a while now. Don't know why I didn't shout it all out to the world, but here's my shout out now. The 2nd Guardians book will be in bookstores in June 2012. I've signed the contract and all is well. Of course, I don't have a title just yet, but for now we'll call it:

The Guardians of the Blue Baboons

Catchy huh? Not really going to be the title and there aren't baboons of any color in the story, but at least that will leave an impression on you.

I'm so excited to continue the story of Amber and Trendon. They're my buddies and this next story will go crazy!

#2 Here's another announcement I've been sitting on. Guess what? I just signed another contract and there will be a 4th Hashbrown Winters tale! I'm so stoked for another wacky Hashbrown adventure. I've thought of a lot of crazy stuff for this one and I'm just gonna turn myself loose. HB4 will hit bookstores in November 2012. Don't have a title for this one either, so we'll tentatively call it:

Hashbrown Winters and the Pasty Pickle Porta-Potty


Oh mother, I do like the sound of that one...

I also heard there could possibly be a boxed set next fall. Oh please, oh please! I love cellophane wrapped items! If you do too and want to see Hashbrown wrapped all warm and snug with all of his adventures cuddling on a shelf with a bow and a blowtorch, then you need to write your congressman and tell them about it. Or better yet, start getting your friends, family, neighbors, classmates, students, enemies, mail persons, heroes, villains, and so forth to buy the other Hashbrown books. I think particularly it would do well for them to buy the last one: Hashbrown Winters and the Phantom of Pordunce, but any of the three would suffice.

#3 - Thanks to your efforts, The Guardians of the Hidden Scepter has been nominated for a Whitney Award and a Cybils Award. You guys make me happy.

#4 - There's another little morsel I want to share, but I can't just yet. Waiting.... always waiting... 

To celebrate this tremendously joyous occasion, I'm going to give away a signed copy of The Guardians of the Hidden Scepter and a full signed set of the Hashbrown Winters books. That's a total of 4 books. Can you think of a more perfect Christmas gift? 

All you have to do is comment on my blog or any of my facebook pages with your suggested title for my next Hashbrown book. I'm thinking there could be some trans-dimensional travel in this one and some healthy chapters of Whiz. If that makes any sense. Please participate! 

3 comments:

- jeana said...

it's late, and i'm not very clever when it's late... how 'bout "hashbrown winters and the whiz-meisters time machine" ?? i know, i know... i'll keep working on it. do i score any points for reading hashbrown #1 with my students yet again? i can't even count how many times i've read it... this time around the kids are a little leery of whiz... i think you need to come visit!

sladuke said...

How about Hasbrown Winters and the porta-potty time machine.

Sorry, the last lady left me with time machines on the brain.

Plus, we all know that Whiz loves a good porta potty.

If he could go back in time, he might bring the lunchlady flowers before she really has it out for him. Maybe he can change her mind!

Nichole Giles said...

Yay for all your great news! Fantastic.