10.18.2008

Motivations

What is it that motivates you? Is it money? Is it success? Come on, think deeper. Let's talk about specifics. For example, here are a few of my motivations:

1. I was motivated (not really any more) to learn how to play guitar from watching the FreeCreditReport.com commercials.

2. I want to be stinking rich! Not because I want to be prideful or boastful or drive fancy cars, but on the opposite end, not because I am eager to donate to charities. I once was in Vegas at some restaurant and I saw a man sitting by himself perusing through a newspaper at one of the tables. This man had a full plate of food and after taking two bites (come on they were nibbles even, nibbles - say with Cowardly Lion's voice) he casually got up and left the restaurant. I want to be so rich I can leave a plate food practically untouched. Currently, I clean every one's plate.


3. I want to be handy with fixing automobiles. I absolutely hate it when something goes wrong with the car and we pull over and I get out, pop the hood (after mistakenly popping the trunk and opening the gas thingy.) I then stare at the metallic innards of my car and nod my head, check the oil, fiddle with the dip stick, grab the owner's manual, remove the original shrink wrapping, and then call a tow truck because I haven't a clue what the heck is wrong. I've only been beneath a car once and it wasn't to try and fix anything, rather it was because of a near tragic snow sledding accident.


This video had nothing really to do with this one, but I laughed pretty hard when I saw it.

1 comment:

Tia said...

I love Pee Wee's big adventure! I haven't seen it forever.