10.22.2008

HALLOWEEN!

Halloween is just around the corner and I must say that it is one of my most absolute favoritist holidays, along with Christmas, Turkey Day, Easter, Fourth of July, Arbor Day and my Birthday (April 23 in case you wondering, and if you already knew than you most certainly forgot!)

Anyway... There's just something about the mystery/horror of all the creepy things that go on Halloween night. Little angels dress up like demons, people who rarely eat apples go bobbing up and down in lugey infested water for them, we fill our stereos, CD players, Ipods with cycling music of people moaning and screaming, we mangle pumpkins and burn them and if we're lucky some sweet children smash them for us, we drink punch from fog-filled bowls, we invite the wall-knocker out of the wall to have a little one on one time with the wife (maybe just me), we shell out $20 a head for ridiculous haunted forests ran by college kids/prison inmates/ mental patients, we run around corn mazes for hours screaming and swearing and eating corn, and of course we drag our kids around (often in strollers) door to door to complete strangers and pan handle for candy. What a day! I love being scared, I love the mystery of the unknown, I love hiding in piles of leaves and sending teenagers careening into the street.

Do you love Halloween too?

If you could feasibly go trick or treating on this Halloween night with out triggering a statewide manhunt what would you go as?

By the way, the picture has nothing to do with Halloween, rather it was a really sad Christmas gift us Cole kids got when we were little. Yep, it's a box. Thanks Santa!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You are such a CREEP! I can't believe that I fell for your little antics. I really should know better. Off to pull myself off my ceiling now! You're not really a creep. Just a really big meanie!