2.19.2012

Quick Tip for You Writers

I know this is going to seem like a very short post, but I want to make everyone out there aware of a great resource. Writing a novel is one thing. It takes time and energy and rewriting and rewriting, but many of us have now done that. Have we perfected it? No, probably not, which makes writing your next novel all the more important. But for the moment, I want to share a link to a website where you can learn how to write a query letter. You see, writing a query letter to an agent or a publisher, in many cases, can be just as hard and sometimes harder than writing a novel. Shocking? Believe me, it's true. I struggle with this area of condensing and exciting someone to want to open my book. But I found someone who understands how to do this and is willing to offer her knowledge for free.

Check it out when you have a moment. Follow her blog to show your appreciation. And read her books. She's a skilled author and teacher. I had to thank her for helping me see my mistakes in my own query letter writing and you should too. And you're welcome.

Elana Johnson

No comments: