9.02.2010

Upadoodle Doo

You know what I love to do? Burn stuff on a grill. It's kinda like fulfilling my adolescent needs of pyromania in a safe, culinary environment. I've watched a ton of grilling shows to help me master the craft. I've heard the rules. The ones that tell you to leave it alone, let it grill on one side for a while before flipping it over and don't just keep flipping it over and over again because doggone it, the meat will dry out.

Ultimately, I just burn stuff. All I do is create food in various forms of cremation. Still, I abide by the principle I learned at a young age: Eat everything on your plate, even if it causes you severe disease.

I want to grill a watermelon one day. That's my goal. I reckon its plausible, right?

Did you see what just happened there? I wanted to post about some updates of what's been going on in my writing world, but I wanted to go about it differently. So often, I start off a post with... yodayodayoda, Here are some updates.

Blah.

Okay.

Here are some updates:


  1. With the start of the new school year, so starts my events. In the past two weeks I've done a few already. On Thursday of last week, I went to Jim Bridger Elementary just right up the road. I was a little nervous, having stepped out of the presentation loop for a couple of months, but the Jim Bridger kids made me feel right at home. On Saturday, I was fortunate enough to participate in the KSL Book Festival up on the University of Utah campus and got to rub shoulders with Brandon Mull, Obert Skye, Avi, and several other famous people. Aside from the wind launching all of my presentation stuff off the stage like a hurricane, I had fun and I learned from the best. By the way, Brandon and Obert... awesome people. They even know me by name... when I wear a name badge. Then just yesterday (Wednesday, September 1st) I participated in the Upland Terrace Elementary Back to School PTA reading event. I had a blast and we sold a ton of books and I even got to sign my first diaper. It was clean and unused, but memorable.
  2. I've seen the inside chapter illustrations for Hashbrown and the Phantom of Pordunce and a first draft of the cover illustration. I can't wait for you guys to see it too! 
  3. Check out this great review of Hashbrown Winters and the Mashimoto Madness at Maw Books. I found it to be honest and exactly what I was looking for when I wrote the book. 
  4. Lastly, I'm now 1/3 of the way finished with my newest fiction novel that I'm tentatively going to call, ROTTEN. Ooey, gooey fun.
That's it. That's all I got. Have you purchased your copy of Mashimoto yet? Have you pre-ordered Phantom of Pordunce yet? Are you wondering why I used yoda instead of yada earlier in this post? Hopefully, you've answered yes to all 3.


No comments: