3.26.2010

Podge Hodge

First things first, I'll be at the Southtowne Barnes and Noble tomorrow (Saturday, March 27th) from 1-3 p.m. doing a book signing. Usually I end with announcements, but today I wanted to start. I love this Barnes and Noble. It's so big and the people are great and they have some really great books. Plus, they have my books, stocked on the shelf for anyone who is interested in picking it up and giving it a go. I'm just saying. And if you're one of those people interested in giving it a go, come see me tomorrow.

Now, on to other things. I've read another book and I have to say I loved it. The Magician's Elephant by Kate Dicamillo was fantastic. I read it in 2 days and found it hard to put it down. It's only about 200 pages (little, tiny pages), but the message is so profound. I believe Kate writes in a similar fashion as C.S. Lewis. Have you ever read those Chronicles of Narnia books? So simple and easy to thumb through, but every book has the ability to floor you with it's symbolism. Would I recommend this book? Absolutely! Everyone should read this book. It's a feel good story about a little orphan boy who sets off on an impossible journey to find his lost, little sister. So many unique characters are thrown together when a show magician, tired of performing the same ordinary tricks, calls upon an old spell and a mysterious elephant appears. Come on, that's got to hook you!

Lastly, I need a title for my third Hashbrown story. Why, that would mean... Yes! It's almost finished. In fact, the story is finished, but my little wrap up chapter at the end is in the process of being completed (once I can lick this sickness that's taken hold of me.) I'm so excited to see a 3rd installment to the Hashbrown saga. Yes, Nugget Nottingham (Kaitlyn's creation) is in the story and yes, he's quite the addition. There are a few new characters introduced. Along with Nugget, I've added Melanie "Thumbs" Nottingham (Nugget's older sister) who has an unusual skill at shooting marbles. Things get hairy at Pordunce Elementary when one of the key members of Hashbrown's club receives some devastating news. Oh, and did I mention the school was haunted? Yep, you gotta love ghosts. They always make things interesting...

Stay tuned for more news on the horizon. Cliche. Now, excuse me as I Netti Pot.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Thanks for the book recommendation. I love Kate Dicamillo. Didn't know about this book, though.

Unknown said...

Are you taking suggestions for a title? I think that would be fun to try to come up with some suggestions.

Frank Cole said...

That's not a bad idea. I wonder how I'd work that into a contest... hmmm...