7.14.2013

The Source of All (well some of my) Madness

Yes, it has been nearly three months since I checked in. A lot can happen in three months. A third of a baby could be born (somewhere, I can hear my wife murmuring on how I don't understand child birth), half an NBA season can be played, and three months is generally how long it takes for a delicious Durian fruit to ripen. Don't know what Durian is? Look it up! It's disgusting.

STINKY (DURIAN)

In my three month absence, I went back to my roots. Kentucky, that is. Home of Ale-8, my favorite soda.

On my vacation, I took my kids to see the Crypt. Now, if you're an avid reader of this blog and you have the memory of an elephant (they don't forget things, or so I'm told), then you'll recall I posted about the Crypt years ago. Well, you'll be happy to know the Crypt is still there. Smack dab in the middle of a neighborhood. Back in the day, there was no neighborhood. Just a sloping hill and then a witch's hut beckoning to you.

I really feel whenever I try to get creepy in stories and add elements of suspense, I call up my memories of living just a stone's throw away from the Crypt. There are so many stories about that little room in the ground. Creatures with red eyes. Haunted houses and cemeteries nearby. I crazy old man and his wife who liked to shoot little children. I can't prove any of it was true, but as an elementary-aged kid, you better believe it was true!

Enjoy! And I don't know why the little video clip is so spastic, but... I don't care.



My kids braving the Crypt! I guess it wasn't that scary after all.



No comments: