3.25.2012

Review of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere

NeverwhereNeverwhere by Neil Gaiman

When Richard Mayhew stops one day to help a girl he finds bleeding on a London pavement, his life is forever altered, for he finds himself propelled into an alternative reality that exists in a subterranean labyrinth of sewer canals and abandoned subway stations. He has fallen through the cracks of reality and has landed somewhere different, somewhere that is Neverwhere.


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Wow! Really weird and twisted. Definitely not for younger minds, but it does have Gaiman's Coraline'ish feel to it. I love the whole underworld of London and the characters were very well-developed. Makes me wonder if there will be a sequel. Loved the ending! There were times when I did become a little too confused in the middle of the novel and had to step back from the book for a break. The 2 villains, Mr. Vandermar and Mr. Croup, were foul and evil and often had me worried of what terrible things they would do to Richard and Door. Lots of surprises.



View all my reviews

No comments: