8.09.2009

Contest Winner

All right, the first of hopefully many contests has ended and I must admit I'm very happy with all of the great reviews and facebook and blog posts. A lot of people told me that they didn't think it would matter, but believe me it does. I'm in the early stages of being published and to be honest my books aren't really flying off the bookshelves. Don't worry, that's to be expected. I'm hoping when I start my school tour in September I'll be able to see some increases in sales.

Now for the winner... It was a completely random drawing and I had my wife witness it. She has to be the most honest person I've ever met except when it comes to board games so I trust her. Congratulations to Angie Nowling! You're the winner and you can pick whatever prize you'd like. Just let me know in the comments and I'll find a way (no matter how difficult) to get it to you :). Thank you for blogging and spreading the word. For everyone else, I'll have another contest here really soon. I'm going to see what I can scrounge up. I happen to know quite a few really cool authors and I'm hoping they'd be willing to contribute something. Signed copies of their books, editorial advice, or black and white photographs of them painting their toenails. You know, whatever floats your boat.

I know this is a pretty short post for my standards, but I will blog again in the next day or two. I need to get cracking on Hashbrown the 3rd. For those that have Tuesday night free (August 11th) from 7-9 p.m. remember I'll be at the Barnes and Noble in Orem with a bunch of other famous authors. They'll have lines of kids and people and I'll have to find a way to distract them enough to come over to my table. It would be so much more easier if I had some cool friends to stop by and be my support. Hint, Hint.

See you Tuesday!

3 comments:

Shirley Bahlmann said...

I LIKE short posts!
I ordered your book after I saw it in a bookstore in Cedar City. (I figured on line ordering was cheaper, but, what they hey? I it hasn't come yet!)
I will be in Orem on the 11th! WooHoo! Sign on...

Angie said...

I won! I really won!? :)
I really wasn't planning on winning so after looking at the books (yes, I should get your book and share more with others), but The Hourglass Door sounds good from the reviews I read so I guess I'll try that one. Thanks!

Frank Cole said...

Welcome Shirley! Your name sounds very familiar. I think I've seen your books before. And Angie, you should be receiving your prize today.