5.16.2009

It's Official!

It was a kind of weird Friday night. Hashbrown was done. Gone off to print and I realized I would never have any more edits to do with that project ever again. I have lots of books that I've started, finished, half-way through the process that I'm constantly revamping, editing and what-not, so I had this strange feeling come over me when my editor, Heidi Doxey, who by-the-way ROCKS!!!, sent me an e-mail saying it was all done and that I wouldn't be hearing from her until my next book was in the mix. It's like one of my kids just graduated or something. Cedar Fort has done a phenomenal job with this book and I'm so excited for everyone to get a chance to read it. I'm totally going to post a picture of it as soon as I have a file that will work. Right now all I have is a PDF file that won't upload.

As an update, everything is still on for a first week of June release, but now I need help. I'm about to send in the sequel and for them to really want it they're going to want to see results, which means sales. Yes, this is a shameless plug and I've already done it once, but I can't do it without the help of all of my friends. This a kids book that is filled with laughs, but even if you don't have kids, I promise you'll laugh a ton and perhaps just maybe you'll discover a glimpse of why I am the way I am. I won't go on record and say that this is biography because you'll never believe I was attacked by a talking cockroach, but there are moments in this book that actually happened.

So, what do I have to do to convince you to buy it? Do you need me to sign your copies? Done. Do you want me to come to your kids schools and dance around and make a fool of myself? Done and already in the works! Go door to door and serenade your family karaoke style while wearing a toga? Really? Well, let me see if I can rent one... Gee whiz.

Hands down, I can't do it without you guys. Please spread the word through your e-mail lists, your blogs, your face book pages, your neighborhood watches, your family reunions, etc., etc.

I love you guys! I knew you'd come through!

No comments: