1.10.2009

Exciting News!!!

So, I've been hinting around it for a little while now, but finally I can officially announce it. I just signed the contract to have one of my books published! Wahoo! (And I have an awful case of the stomach flu... coincidence? I think not!) Seriously, though, this definitely ranks as one of my proudest moments in my life. I have tried for quite a while to break into the publishing world and finally it happened. Cedar Fort Publishing is now one of my favorite establishments. Check out their website here My book is not on their yet, but you can see some of the other cool books they've published.

Since I'm still in the early stages of getting published there are a lot of questions I can't answer completely. For one, I don't know an exact date as to when it will hit book shelves, but I'm guessing it will be sometime in the fall. The book's title, for now, is called The Adventures of Hashbrown Winters. I know, brilliant name right? There's actually an interesting history behind that name that I'll have to share one of these days.

In a nutshell, the story follows the title character, Hashbrown, as he tries to save his neck when he accidentally messes with the school's number one bully, Hambone. It's a hilarious romp through Pordunce Elementary with Hashbrown seeking the advice of the Oracle (a kid who has been trapped in his locker for seven years) and attempting to buy protection from the Sixth Grade Mafia, The Figanewty Family. I had a lot of fun writing this and I think kids and parents will really get a kick out of the humor. Plus, I believe Cedar Fort is going to really push this on the national market and I'm already piecing together the next book in the Hashbrown Saga!

So, what to do next? Well, I need to start working on a website (have no idea how to do that) and develop some marketing plans so I can really spread the word about the book. What can you do to help? Oh, I'm so excited you asked! Well, I need to create buzz about the book. Start telling all your friends, family and grocery clerks. Visit my blog whenever you get a chance, as I'll keep you posted on updates. And definitely, as we get closer to the release date of the Adventures of Hashbrown Winters, search out my book at the local bookstores.

There was a time when I had the first couple chapters of this book available to read on my blog. I'm interested to know if anyone actually got around to reading it. If so, I'd love to hear what you thought, good or bad.

I'm just so excited right now, I think I'm going to go throw up! OK, it probably has something to do with the flu...

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Congratulations Frank!!!! That is so fabulous. We're excited for you and can't wait to be first in line to purchase it. Surely DB will carry it, right?!?!? Frank Cole, we knew him when.

Angie said...

Congrats! Very awesome!

Kelly said...

YAY!!! Congrats (on the book, not the puking)

Mindy, Julia and Connor said...

Congrats Frank! That is awesome! Can't wait to read it to the kids!

Melissa said...

If the book is anything close to your ward council entertainment... I'll recommend it to everyone I know! Can't wait to read it. Good for you.